IT System Administrator
We are looking for an IT System Administrator to join our IT team. You will become an integral member of our team providing support to all service users, depots and other branches of the company.
• Provide 1st and 2nd line support to service users and all company depots to ensure they are resolved in a timely manner (some travel to depots will be required).
• Liaise with our external support companies and the IT manager when necessary to resolve issues.
• Proactively monitor IT systems and resolve any potential issues to help ensure minimum downtime.
• Create and update documentation for systems and procedures.
• Provide support to other members of the IT team on projects.
• Ensure company systems and software are up to date and vulnerabilities highlighted and resolved in a timely manner.
• Install, configure and maintain company Wi-Fi, laptops, servers, desktops, mobiles and printers.
• Manage company backup procedures and storage.
• Cover out of hours support on rota and occasionally work out of hours to install/update systems.
• On-boarding and off-boarding employees and carrying out office moves as required.
• Ensure asset logs and support cases are up to date.
• Create ad-hoc reports as required for the business.
• Knowledge of Active Directory, GPO, DNS and RDS.
• Office 2013 – 2016 and Office 365
• Windows Server 2012 – 2019
• Windows 7 & 10 and Linux
• Firewalls and Anti-Virus
• Knowledge of LAN and WAN’s
• Virtualization technologies, VMware and Hyper-V
• 1-2 years’ experience working within an IT role.
• A driving licence is essential
Knowledge of programming languages and databases would be advantageous.
A relevant IT/Technical degree or practical work experience gained in a professional IT environment.
• Pro-active and organised.
• Attention to detail and take pride in your work.
• Good communication with a polite and friendly manner.
• Ability to multi-task and be flexible.
• Ability to work on own initiative with good problem solving skills.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
If you are interested in this role you can either download our application form or upload your CV via the link below.
You can also send us your CV.
Applications and CVs to:
HR Manager, Pioneer Foodservice, Rosehill Estate, Carlisle, CA1 2RW.