Get Halloween ready …
We have everything you need for a spooktacular Halloween!
As the days get colder and the nights get longer, we have a fantastic range of winter-warming soups, delicious mains, tasty cakes and, of course, Halloween themed products to help you celebrate all things spooky this Halloween.
Scroll down for the tastiest pumpkin pie recipe …
Redemption Foods Pea & Ham Soup
Product code: 204773C
2 x 2kg
Offer price: £8.20
Try this sticky, spicy ginger cake as a party treat …
Sidoli Ginger Loaf Cake
Product code: 204957C
1 x 19 p/ptn
Offer price: £9.40
A list of Halloween essentials …
500214C Pumpkins (medium)
500215C Toffee Apples
500313C Chocolate Apples
… don’t forget the apples for dunking!
500053C Golden Delicious Apples
Pumpkin Pie recipe …
For the filling
- 500g (1 1/4 lb) pumpkin, cooked and pureed
- 1 (410g) tin evaporated milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 175g (6 oz) dark brown soft sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the pastry
- 350g (12 oz) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 200g (7 oz) butter
- 125ml (4 fl oz) cold water
Prep: 30min Cook:1hr10min Ready in:1hr40min
1. Preheat oven to 200 C/Gas mark 6.
2. Halve pumpkin and scoop out seeds and stringy portions. Cut pumpkin into chunks. In a saucepan over medium heat, cover the pumpkin with water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until tender. Drain, cool and remove the peel.
3. Return pumpkin to the saucepan and mash with a potato masher. Drain well, and measure 500g of the mashed pumpkin; reserve any excess pumpkin for another use.
4. Prepare pastry by mixing together the flour and salt. Rub butter into flour, and add 1 tablespoon cold water to mixture at a time. Mix and repeat until pastry is moist enough to hold together.
5. With lightly floured hands, shape pastry into a ball. On a lightly floured board, roll pastry out to barely a .25cm thickness. Transfer to a 20 or 23cm pie dish, gently pressing pastry into the bottom. Cut off any excess pastry hanging over the sides of the dish, and pinch pastry securely around the inner edge.
6. In a large bowl with mixer speed on medium, beat pumpkin with evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt. Mix well. Pour into a prepared pie dish. Bake 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.